Civil Engineering is one of the classic branches in engineering and one of the prominent ones in daily life.
The department has started with B.Tech in Civil Engineering in the year 2012.
To achieve Excellence in Technology, Innovation and Research in ethical way to Lead and Serve the Nation and to be recognized as a premier Civil engineering department in the region.To Prepare students as competent civil engineering professionals dedicated to the progress and development of the humanity and countries economy.
➣ Create and develop sustained environment of learning, to nurture the students into highly skillful and ethical professionals by imparting quality education with social obligations.
➣ To establish collaborative partnerships with academic, research and industrial entities to provide a knowledge base for existing and emerging technologies to enhance the skills innovativeness, management skills and life long learning in civil engineering students.
➣ To provide students with the principles and methodologies needed for civil engineering practice and prepare students for leadership roles in Civil Engineering.
• PO1 : Engineering Knowledge :Apply the Knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
• PO2 : Problem analysis :Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching, substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
• PO3 : Design/development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental consideration.
• PO4 : Conduct investigations of complex problems :Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
• PO5 : Modern tool usage : Create, select and apply appropriate technics, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
• PO6 : The engineer and society :Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
• PO7 : Environment and sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
• PO8 : Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
• PO9 : Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual and as member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings
• PO10 : Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
• PO11 : Project management and finance :Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to once own work as a member and leader in a team to manage projects and multidisciplinary environments
• PO12 : Life –long learning :Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
• PSO 1 : Graduates will have the ability to apply technical skills and modern engineering tools to design civil engineering systems to meet the desired needs of the society.
• PSO 2 : Graduates will develop ability in critical thinking, analytical skills and conduct experiments in various areas of civil engineering
• PSO 3 : Graduates will be able to plan self-learning and improve performance as the foundation for lifelong learning to face the challenging and emerging needs in our society.
B.Tech - Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is professional Engineering discipline that deals with economic development of a nation. It includes works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewage systems, pipelines and railways.
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|☛ 1-1 CIVIL R18 Syllabus
☛ 1-2 CIVIL R18 Syllabus
☛ 2-1 CIVIL R16 Syllabus
☛ 2-2 CIVIL R16 Syllabus
☛ 3-1 CIVIL R16 Syllabus
☛ 3-2 CIVIL R16 Syllabus
☛ 4-1 CIVIL R15 Syllabus
☛ 4-2 CIVIL R15 Syllabus
☛ Strength of Materials Lab ☛ Computer Aided Design-I lab ☛ Surveying Lab ☛ Engineering Geology lab ☛ Concrete Technology Lab ☛ Geographical information Systems Lab ☛ Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machinery Lab ☛ Soil Mechanics Lab ☛ Computer Aided Design-II Lab ☛ Concrete and Highway Materials Lab ☛ Environmental Engineering Lab
☛ Strength of Materials Lab
☛ Computer Aided Design-I lab
☛ Surveying Lab
☛ Engineering Geology lab
☛ Concrete Technology Lab
☛ Geographical information Systems Lab
☛ Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machinery Lab
☛ Soil Mechanics Lab
☛ Computer Aided Design-II Lab
☛ Concrete and Highway Materials Lab
☛ Environmental Engineering Lab
Research under way in Civil Engineering includes, work in analytical, design and experimental areas sponsored by industry, state, and government organisations. The Department's active research program provides opportunities for students to participate in projects related to design, analysis, and testing. Civil Engineering faculty has expertise in environmental-engineering, Geotechnical engineering, hydrology and water-resources engineering, and structural engineering. These areas also serve as topic areas for course work and are the basis for degree graduation and for PhD thesis requirements.
|S.NO||NAME OF THE FACULTY||DESIGNATION||INTERESTED RESEARCH AREAS|
|1||Dr. Y. Sudhakar Reddy||Professor||Water Resource Engineering|
|2||Dr. E.V. Raghava Rao||Assoc. professor||Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering|
|3||Dr. S. M. Abdul Mannan Hussain||Assoc. professor||Construction Engineering And Management|
|4||M. Surendranath||Asst. Professor||Bituminous Mix Design|
|Cement Concrete Mix Design|
|5||Mr. A. Vishal||Asst. Professor||Concrete Technology – Special Concrete|
|Design And Analysis Of Structures(Residential G+10)|
|Repair And Rehabilitation Of Structures|
|6||Ms. L. Shruthi||Asst. Professor||Concrete Technology|
|Project Scheduling & Construction Materials|
|7||Ms. R. Himabindu||Asst. Professor||Concrete Technology|
|Advance Concrete Technology|
|8||Mr. D. Sridhar||Asst. Professor||Environmental Engineering|
|9||Ms. M. Sailaja||Asst. Professor||Concrete Mix Design Using Fibers|
It is proposed to carry out the research programs in the following thrust areas in coming future.
(a) Recycled Aggregate Concrete
(b) Earthquake Engineering
(c) Environmental pollution studies
(d) Remote Sensing & GIS
(e) Fibre reinforced concrete
(f) Stabilization of Sub-Grade soil
To carry out the research programs in the above thrust areas, expertise and the minimum equipment required is available in the labs. In future we are planning to add some of the sophisticated equipment to our labs to continue the advanced research programs.
For information on research contributions and expertise of the department,
☛ Dr.Divya Nalla, Mr. A. Vishal, Mr. Surendranath and Mr. Praveen Kumar(2017), Step by Step Guidelines for improving industry institute interaction in Fifth International Conference on Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE) 2018 organized by Thaigarajar College of Engineering, Madhurai in association with Indo-Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE) on 08th and 9th January 2018
☛ E. Ramesh and Ranga Swamy (2018), A Review on Soil Stabilization using Admixtures, in International Conference on Innovations in Science and Technology in Civil Engineering held at Malla Reddy Institute of Technology on 19th and 20th January, 2018
☛ Ranga Swamy and Raja Madhukar Vishnu(2015), Performance of plan Irregularity building using Response spectra analysis, in International conference on Innovations in Structural Engineering held at Osmania University, Hyderabad on Dec 14-16th 2015
☛ Ms. Sruthi T, Rajashekar.P and Shashikanth.K(2015), Impact of Climate Change on Stream Flows in Manair Basin Using SWAT Model in International conference on Innovations in Structural Engineering held at Osmania University, Hyderabad on Dec 14-16th 2015
Department of Civil Engineering of NallaMalla Reddy Engineering College organized anIndustrial Guest Lecture on Aluminium Formwork on 28th February 2020 from 11:00 AM to 1.00 PM in Civil department seminar hall. The guest lecture gathers eminent speaker: B. Malikarjun, Director,VEDAN Infra and Projects Pvt Ltd,Hyderabad. The lecture was attended by 100 students and 4 Faculty members of Civil Engineering Department.
B. Malikarjun with 10 years of industrial experience in leading organizations including GHMC, Hyderabad. PWD,NCC, L&T, Sew constructions etc. The session was then continued by B. Malikarjun who began with an introduction to thesystem of aluminum forms has been used widely in the construction of residential units and mass housing projects. It is fast, simple, adaptable and cost – effective. It produces total quality work which requires minimum maintenance and when durability is the prime consideration. This system is most suitable for Indian condition as a tailor –made aluminum formwork for cast–in–situ fully concrete structure. Following which,B. Malikarjunshed light on the benefits and drawbacks of using aluminum formwork and how effectively it is being used in the construction industry.
Department of Civil Engineering of Nalla Malla Reddy Engineering College organized a Guest Lecture on Tests on Pavement materials on 18th February 2020 from 1:00 PM to 4.00 PM in Civil department seminar hall. The guest lecture gathers eminent speaker: Dr. R. Srinivasa Kumar, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, University College of Engineering Osmania University, Hyderabad. The lecture was attended by 120 students and 10 Faculty members of Civil Engineering Department.
Dr. R. Srinivasa Kumar with 17 years of teaching experience and 15 years of research experience in leading organizations including GHMC, Hyderabad. PWD, NCC, L&T, Sew constructions etc. The session was then continued by Dr. R. Srinivasa Kumar who began with an introduction to the Pavement performance which is an important issue in the operation and planning of highway engineering. There are several factors that affect pavement performance, such as traffic, soil, environmental, economic and stress distribution factors. Various Tests on Pavement materials is and how important it is going to be in the near future. Following which, Dr. R. Srinivasa Kumar shed light on the benefits and drawbacks of using pavement materials and how effectively it is being used in the construction industry.
Department of Civil Engineering of Nalla Malla Reddy Engineering College organized a Guest Lecture on Tests on Pavement materials on 22nd January 2020 from 1:00 PM to 4.00 PM in Civil department seminar hall. The guest lecture gathers eminent speaker: Dr. K B V N Phanindra, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT, Hyderabad. The lecture was attended by 125 students and 10 Faculty members of Civil Engineering Department.
Dr. K B V N Phanindra with 15 years of teaching experience and 11 years of research experience in leading organizations including GHMC, Hyderabad. PWD, NCC, L&T, Sew constructions etc. The session was then continued by Dr. K B V N Phanindra who began with an introduction to the Water resources engineering is a specialty of civil engineering that focuses on water supplies, irrigation and waste disposal. It also addresses methods for controlling water to avoid water-related damage and catastrophes. Following which, Dr. K B V N Phanindra shed light on the benefits and drawbacks of using water resources engineering and how effectively it is being used in the civil engineering.
1. Mr. Rahul Reddy, CEO, Reliable Environmental Services, Hyderabad, addressed the final year Civil engineering students on 21 July 2017 about Irrigation projects and waste management.
2. Mr. A. Sai Sohail, Alumni (2016-17), gave a brief lecture about Innovations and startups on 05 August 2017 to Final year students.
3. Mr. Kalyan, Alumni (2015-16), gave a brief lecture about Road to USA on 11 August 2017 to Final year students.
4. Canter Cadd Team, Hyderabad, demonstrated Civil Engineering Software ╶ Auto Cadd, Staad Pro., and Revit Architecture to 2nd Year and 3rd year students on 24 August 2017.
5. Mr. L.V.A. Shesa Sai, Retd. Prof. Osmania University, gave a lecture on Selection of Final Year Project Titles on 26th October 2017 to 3rd year and Final Year Students.
Divyanagar, Kachivani Singaram
Near Narapally, at 16th KM on Warangal Highway 202,
Ghatkesar Mandal, Medchal District- 500088.